Intro to the Raspberry Pi, physical computing, & python
- Class is held on Sundays 6/24, 7/1, 7/8, & 7/15 from 10:00-11:30am
- Our classes cover major programming concepts like variables, functions, loops, lists, tuples, & debugging.
- Students will learn how to wire custom circuits using LEDs & buttons and then connect the Raspberry Pi using python code.
- Students will be presented with working code they must understand in order to improve the electronics & programs they build.
- Projects include: an LED flashlight, a 4-button piano, and a sound machine. Every week is loaded with challenges in addition to the main project.
- Recommended Age: Entering 5th grade
- Pre-Requisites: Ability to type 20-30 words per minute